Thursday, February 2, 2006

Yet another Vampire Mistress of the Dark

I know there have been a lot of Goth Babes on here lately.  I will add more variety to the pictures I post next week.  I just wanted to have plenty of art to pupulate the site  www.womenwhowearblack.comVampire from Overhead

I tried drawing in the texture on the fishnets, but it didn't look quite right.  So I built a texture pattern by using vertical lines and pasting another set over them at a 45 degree angle in Photoshop.  Once I create a pattern like this, it is stored and available for use again in another picture.  I tried using a patern made for fences, but again it didn't look right.  These patterns are used by cartoonists and especially japanese manga.  They ae probably used to speed up the process of drawing, but after seeing applied patterns used by many of my favorite artists, I have come to enjoy the uniformity of Zip A Tone like paterns.  Japanese artists are masters of their use and now that they can be pasted in using another layer of Photoshop, they are far less difficult to use and far less expensive.  I have bought a collection of some patterns and I make the ones that I need beyond those.  Computers certainly can make artwork for reproduction easier.  The downside is that if someone wanted to purchase the original, I would have to create a transparent adhesive of the pattern to apply to it.  Some of my originals are "finished" in the computer.  This is nice as your originals stay "clean".  White out flakes off over time and ZipaTone adhesives come lose eventually.



Digital originals will not yellow or degrade, but if you didn't scan it at high enough a resolution, you might have to recreate it from scratch.  For example, if someone wanted to use the above illustration for t-shirt, it would need to be atleast 300 DPI.  It was scanned to 100 DPI originally, it would have to be recreated at the higher resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment