Thursday, April 27, 2006

A rather lousy day....

The little blue rat you've seen earlier in February was based on Sasha. She died tonight just three days shy of her 2nd birthday. She was not feeling so well for the past few months and required hand feeling and a lot of attention. Sasha was pretty, very lady-like, gentile, and sweet natured. Her fur color is called "blue" but it is actaully a shiny silvery gray. Most ratties have very complex fur with layered colors. The "guard hairs" are usually darker and combined with the finer outer hairs produce some very beautiful fur. Prettier than any cats or dogs I've seen. Sasha has passed and she will be missed.

Sasha

I tried playing drums again tonight and couldn't endure more than 5 minutes. My right hand starts to go numb and aches. I can't feel my hand and therefore can't contol the stick. If I could control the stick the pain is too much to keep playing. I might be able to play slow ballads, but I enjoy playing fast songs whether it is punk, swing or country. I spent a long time developing my hand speed by playing along to Ramones records. It's very depressing not being able to play drums after doing it for over 20 years. Maybe in a few years my shoulder and hand will heal enough to be a drummer again.

Other things that suck:

I rented The Rocketeer a film that I remember enjoying when it came out. It was one of the best comic book movies made up until that point and I was a big fan of Dave Steven's comic. Well, the DVD blows. The audio is out of sync, the picture is washed out and not even anamorphic widescreen. This fun, exciting flick deserves better.

Republicans have totally neutered the lobbying reform bill they were "working on". But, you won't hear anything about it. It's like everything in this administration... just say you are doing something, but don't actually do it. Nobody will actually investigate the claims these politician make. They get credit for something they never accomplish. This is known as lip-service and the American people are stupid enough to buy it and the press is impotent enough to ignore it. It makes me sick.

Also, Turbulence 3 sucked, but not enough. Slade Craven.. part Marylon Manson, part Alice Cooper... lands the plane Airplane style and everyone ends up in couples right down to the nerdy FBI agent who turns into a sex kitten in the end.

To add to that, I'm discusted that it cost $45 fill up my gas tank for my work trip to Orlando tomorrow. And no, I don't drive and SUV! And no, work doesn't cover my gas expenses.

So, no good news today.

No comments:

Post a Comment